The City of Winnipeg has introduced a lot of street closures Sunday morning throughout the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure.
The following streets will likely be shut down from eight:45 a.m. till 11 a.m. on Sunday:
- Waterfront Drive and Pioneer Avenue, the place police will likely be conducting site visitors management
- Israel Asper Way and William Stephenson Way, the place police will likely be conducting site visitors management
- Waterfront Drive between Pioneer Avenue and Heaton Avenue will likely be fully closed
- The northbound lanes of Israel Asper Way between York Ave and William Stephenson Way will likely be fully closed
- William Stephenson Way and Pioneer Avenue will likely be closed, although site visitors will be capable to cross Waterfront Drive periodically with help from police
- Eastbound York Avenue (Mahatma Gandhi Way) between Main Street and Israel Asper Way will likely be fully closed
Police say entry to the Forks will nonetheless be doable from Main Street by way of Fort Gibralter Trail and Forks Market Road, and from Israel Asper Way southbound by way of William Stephenson Way.
Some busses may also be rerouted Sunday morning. For info, go to the transit web site right here or name 311.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.