Chef Dan Olson, chef and co-proprietor of Railtown Catering, shares his recipe for pumpkin pie.
1 ½ cups flour
pinch of salt
pinch of sugar
½ cup butter
30 mL water
1. Sift flour, add salt and sugar, then lower butter into small items.
2. Pinch butter into flour till damaged down into pea-sized items.
three. Add water and begin to deliver collectively. Cover dough and relaxation within the fridge for an hour.
four. Roll out and place in pie pan (9”)
116 mL whipping cream
116 mL entire milk
½ cup brown sugar
1 ¼ tbsp flour
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp floor ginger
½ tsp floor clove
½ tsp floor nutmeg
2 ½ entire eggs
333g (1 cup) pumpkin purée
1. Whisk all components collectively and pour into shell.
2. Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes till the center is agency and a knife comes out clear.
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 vanilla bean
1. Combine all components
2. Beat the cream till gentle and billowy
three. Pipe onto room temperature pumpkin pie
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.