IF you have been raging on the radio and TV for the previous three days about the way in which they pronounce Macklemore, put together to have your thoughts blown.
The idiots are proper.
The Grammy-winning famous person and NRL halftime entertainer is appropriately pronounced Mack-la-more.
MOMENT MACKLEMORE TOOK SAME-SEX MARRIAGE MAINSTREAM
Not Mack-el-more, because the overwhelming majority of Australians pronounce it. Not Mick-el-more, because the hosts on Sydney radio 2GB have been saying it.
Think baklava (candy Middle Eastern pastry).
Crackler (a very crispy joint of roast pork).
Spackler (a tradesman who places putty within the holes in a wall).
How do we all know? Macklemore’s greatest mate Ellen says ‘Mack-la’.
MACKLEMORE TO PLAY SAME SEX ANTHEM AT NRL GRAND FINAL
Every main American broadcast community. Music business insiders.
And — await it — he says Mack-la-more. And he would know.
So there you have it.
Macklemore, whose actual identify is Benjamin Hammond Haggerty, stated he bought his nickname from highschool.
MACKLEMORE URGED TO ‘GO HARDER’ AS ANGRY FANS THREATEN TO BOO GRAND FINAL
“I had a teacher and I was pretty good at graphic arts and she liked me and it was one of the only classes that I liked in high school and she had this random superhero in plastic and he had like a cape and he had an outfit and he had a logo and our objective was to design a logo for it,” he stated throughout a dwell present in 2013.
“I called the superhero Professor Macklemore.”
Other celebrity names you’ve most likely been saying flawed
1. Charlize Theron: Charlize’s (pronounced Shar-leeze) surname is pronounced Ther-in, not Ther-own.
2. Karl Stefanovic: Karl admits he had some issues in school after his father had “changed it to Stefanovic.” His identify is definitely pronounced Stef-AHN-oh-VICH.
three. Ioan Gruffudd: For the report, it’s YO-an Griffith.
four. Quvenzhané Wallis: Here’s the right option to pronounce Quvenzhané: Kwuh-VEN-jah-nay.
5. Christina Ricci: The actor’s surname does have a ‘ch’ sound, but it surely’s pronounced as a extra elongated ‘Ree-chee’.
6. Lindsay Lohan: The Mean Girls’ star really pronounces her final identify “Low-en” not “Lo-Han.”
7. Amanda Seyfried: You’ve been most likely saying Say-freed, Say-fried, nope, it’s “Sigh-frid.”
eight. Eva Mendes: Not EE-Va Mendez, it’s Ava.
9. Ryan Phillippe: Saying “Phillipe” with a flowery French accent? It’s FIL-Lip-eee.
10. Kaley Cuoco: It’s not CAL-ey Ko-Ko however KAY-lee Kwo-ko.