Every week on Foodie Friday cookbook writer and Gourment Warehouse founder Caren McSherry joins CKNW’s Simi Sara with one other recipe to wow your visitors and up your sport within the kitchen.
This will not be your old skool, pedestrian baked potato. Instead, I’ve taken it up a notch by utilizing sweet potatoes and garnishing them with just a few key toppings.
There is a lot extra to have fun by enhancing the topping with herbed feta, and embellishing the deep sweet texture of this widespread vegetable with a swift chunk of spicy chorizo on high.
What you want
- three medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed and wrapped in foil
- 1 spicy chorizo, (1/2 cup) sliced skinny, julienned and fried crisp
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/three cup Greek yogurt
- 1/three cup bitter cream
- 1/three cup contemporary parsley finely chopped
- 1/three cup contemporary cilantro finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon contemporary lemon zest
How to do it
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place the potatoes instantly on the oven rack and bake for about 40 minutes, or till they’re gentle if you squeeze them.
- While the potatoes are baking, dry-fry the chorizo in a fry pan over medium warmth till it’s crispy on each side, about 10 minutes whole. Blot on a paper towel to take away any extra oil, then put aside.
- Place the feta, parsley, cilantro, bitter cream, yogurt, and lemon zest within the bowl of a meals processor and cream the elements collectively.
- To serve, minimize the potatoes in half and give them a squeeze to interrupt the flesh a bit. Place on a serving plate, and evenly divide the feta combination over the halves. Sprinkle the chorizo excessive.
- Give the potatoes a great grinding of pepper and high every with a pinch of chili flakes to style and a sprinkle of julienned lemon zest.
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.